Great outdoor advice.
The Happy Camper is a comprehensive, heavily illustrated, highly entertaining compendium of basic wilderness instruction and well-tested campsite advice. One of North America's top canoeing and outdoors experts, Kevin Callan explains how to get the most from your camping experience -- no matter where you pitch your tent, what you forgot to pack or what the weather.
Step-by-step, the book shows:
- How to plan a trip for a day or even a few weeks
- How to pack only what is needed
- How to beat the bugs, stake a tent, build a fire, ward off unwanted wildlife, paddle a canoe and much more.
Other crucial topics include:
- Choosing the perfect campsite
- Using maps and compasses
- Camp cooking
- Camping with dogs and kids
- Bruises, blisters and Band-Aids
- Canoe and kayak camping
- Wilderness photography
- Cold-weather camping.